Now that the school year is in full swing, schedules are hectic and parents are struggling to find easy snacks for after school, a pre-practice boost, or while running around in the car.
Don’t turn to nutrient-lacking, processed foods. Instead, try these healthy and delicious snacks that are easy to assemble.
- Seasonal fruit with cheese and crackers. Combine some ripe fruit (watermelon is great right now) with your favorite cheese slices and some whole-grain crackers. You’ll get vitamins from the fruit, protein from the cheese, and carbs from the crackers – enough to keep you going until your next meal.
- Bean spread. You can make hummus with chickpeas or a white bean spread with some garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice. Pair this with some celery or carrot sticks for a tasty protein-packed treat.
- Fruit smoothies. Pick one or two fruits and combine with some Greek yogurt and milk (any kind will do). This is a well-balanced snack that’s great for hot days.
- Celery with almond butter and raisins. Enjoy healthy fats, protein and satisfying crunch.
- Your own trail mix. Get creative and assemble your own combination of nuts, dried fruit and a few dark chocolate morsels for a sweet and savory protein snack.
Finding time to create healthy snack options can be challenging and The Pickled Beet is here to help. This month, we’re running a back to school special.
New clients who sign up for service by 9/30/19 will get a meal on us!
Just complete this food questionnaire to get started!