If you’re looking for a simple way to enjoy delicious vegetables, kabob skewers are delicious and add a bit of flair to any meal. Here’s a great recipe for one of our favorites.
- 3/4 pounds zucchini cut into 1″ pieces
- 3/4 pounds yellow squash cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1″ squares
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1″ squares
- additional vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. can be added
- 1/3 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
Soak wooden skewers in salted water for 30 minutes.
Boil a large pot of salted water. Blanch the zucchini, squash, and peppers. Shock in icebath.
Whisk together marinade ingredients. Marinate for 30 minutes. Place on skewers. Reserve marinade.
Heat grill and brush with marinade while cooking. Cook until vegetables are tender.