Food Can Heal Or Harm You
Even if you are eating “healthy”
your diet might be making you sick.
At The Pickled Beet
We know that sometimes your diet is the problem. Every day, millions of people eat food that they think is healthy and nourishing. In many cases they are doing more harm than good. Each body is different and has unique nutritional needs, food allergies, and sensitivities.
Diets for the Newly Diagnosed
DO YOU KNOW WHERE GLUTEN IS LURKING?
You may not even know that you have an allergy or intolerance.
But, your body does and it will react. Sometimes the signs are subtle. Maybe you feel bloated, have sinus congestion, or abdominal pain; these are most likely indicators of a food sensitivity. If you have an allergy, the body’s response can be more dramatic and dangerous and, in some cases, result in death.
Over time, if you continue to eat foods to which your body is intolerant, your autoimmune system will be triggered. In its attempt to protect you from foreign invaders, it can turn on you, instead. When it does, you can develop any number of autoimmune diseases, such as type 1 diabetes, celiac, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, and many more.
WHY THE PICKLED BEET?
RECLAIM YOUR HEALTH
RECLAIM YOUR HEALTH
There are multiple food sensitivity tests on the market. This test from Alletess Medical labs measures both IgA and IgG antibodies.
A DIET FOR EVERY DIAGNOSIS
With our meals, you’ll always know exactly what’s in them, so you can relax and enjoy meal times again. Imagine opening your fridge to find a variety of nutritious, delicious meals created by us especially for you.
Scouring labels and sourcing recipes that fit into a restrictive diet is time-consuming and overwhelming. With our personal chef service, we’ll take the work and worry out of what you eat, saving you hours each week.
We understand what you’re going through is difficult and we want to help, so we’ll take the time to listen and formulate a customized plan because you’re our number one priority.
YOU'RE NOT JUST A NUMBER TO US
Maria Cerro is a single mother of two who is battling the autoimmune disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. We began cooking for her when she started an elimination diet prescribed by her functional medicine doctor. She cannot have gluten, soy, dairy, grains, most starches, peppers, nightshades, legumes, artificial sweeteners, seasonings derived from seeds, fruits, and more.
Her protocol is so restrictive, we’ve had to create a cookbook-sized database of recipes just for her. In the months since we started cooking for her, her health has improved dramatically.
What Our Clients Say.
– Edrea K.
– Teresa S.
– Denise M.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a food allergy and a sensitivity or intolerance?
What if I’m healthy and I want to stay that way. Can food help?
My doctor didn’t say anything about modifying my diet. How do I know if I should?
I’ve been diagnosed with a disease, can a modified diet help?
HEALTH IN NUMBERS
- Percentage of Americans who will experience cognitive decline by age 58 11% 11%
- Percentage of U.S. deaths caused by diabetes 12% 12%
- Percentage of U.S. men and women who will receive a cancer diagnosis in their lifetime 38.4% 38.4%
RECLAIM YOUR HEALTH WITHOUT COMPROMISING FLAVOR
– 50 million Americans have an autoimmune disorder.
– Autoimmune disease is one of the top 10 leading causes of death in females from childhood to age 64.
– One autoimmune disorder makes you 10 times more likely to develop another one.
– More than 20 million Americans have thyroid disease; 90-95 percent of them have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, an autoimmune disorder. Most have food sensitivities that exacerbate their illness.
– More than 100 million U.S. adults are now living with diabetes or prediabetes, a condition that can become type 2 diabetes.